Sunday, June 19, 2011

im so glad when daddy comes home.

_-9 today i was thinking about how bomb.com my dad is. it brought me back to second grade. i was one of those kids that made tunnels in the sand , or played chinese jump rope with my gurrrrls during recess.… i had my first bully encounter that year and he was a smelly, red head boy named nathan hamburg. i called him nathan hamburger, which probably didnt help my case. he used to chase me around the playground and one day, he caught me. he ripped my sweet silky blue shirt and i turned to him and yelled, “ MY DAD’S GONNA PUT YOU IN JAIL!” and i believed it. i threatened mean people daily with that line, cause shoot, my dad’s a copper crime stopper and has a badge to show it. i had so much love and faith in my papa. every year for show and tell id stand up and list off all the cool things my dad did for work, instead of bringing in my new beanie baby. which has grown since…. (not the beanie baby collection.. although we do have a tub of them. which will be on display at my wedding.)

-motorcycle cop. < dont judge, he was probably the only legit one out there.

-swat team. < seee cool.

-undercover narcotics. < i seriously cried every morning he left for work cause i was scared he was gonna die. :( i knew too much. he had a beard and was the guy that did the drug deals before the cops would pounce on the crim.

- homicide. <did i mention how amazing his campfire stories are? dead people.

-interrogator of all the boys i dated. . . . . i feared for the boys. i also missed a couple dates cause they didnt pass.

my dad has seen so much, mostly the worst of people. yet he is the most nonjudgmental,  kind hearted person i know. eeek, im tearing up.. i would not be the person i am today if it wasnt for his constant affection, his daily hugs, and allll the life lessons ive learned by watching his example. you’ve heard my dad isms… he’s as blunt as they come. he keeps me sane and grounded and he gave me my gangly body. i love you pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa! the hand on the hip looks great on you.

7 comments:

millie riter said...

Haha!!! Oh my gosh I used to walk to school with Nathan Hamburg. I didn't realize he you bullied you, what a douche!

Unknown said...

sounds like your dad has had an impressive string of jobs! my dad works in homicide, he's seen a lot of awful things too but he love his job and he works very hard. it makes me sad sometimes though because i think what he has seen makes him always look for the worst in people before he sees the good

raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

Alexis Kaye said...

you are so funny. Beanie babies at a wedding?! :) I'm happy you have such a great dad! that' a huge blessing

Jamie Walker said...

Such great thoughts about your Dad. I love father's day because it helps us remember how freakin awesome our dads are!

The O'Haver Family said...

I loved this post!(as I typically do..but this one is special) and I never knew your dad was a cop...SO COOL!

Suget said...

your dad sounds amazing. reminds me of my dad. all my friends and almost boyfriends were scared of him.

Unknown said...

Nathan moved to QC later down the road and went to Franklin! He bullied me too. what a cottonheaded ninny muggins...